A couple of times of year we jump off the city roller coaster and head to the country for a long weekend. It's a chance to clear our heads and appreciate a slightly less hectic lifestyle. I often return from these weekends wishing I could access a little of rural Australia every day. Well guess what? Now I can.
I've recently been in touch with Holly Cardew, a part time country girl who is passionate about the extensive number of independent businesses and artisan producers in regional Australia. In September last year Holly launched her online marketplace, Country & Co, which sells fashion, homewares, food products, art and furniture from a variety of regional businesses.
Holly Cardew, founder of Country & Co.
The objective of Country & Co is to help regional businesses sell their products online, while informing consumers what our regional towns have to offer. It is about bringing that irresistible country style to the city, and beyond.
With the list of producers growing on the site, it is clear to see the endless talent we have in regional areas.
Hand crafted Camphor Laurel plain edge bowl by 15 year old school boy Damian Ford. $25, buy here.
Hand embroidered monogrammed pillow cases by Judy Porter. $95 for a set of two, buy here.
Country & Co is giving away a beautiful hand painted water colour artwork by Byron Bay artist Lauren Wade of Meese Oh. To enter, view the complete 'Meese Oh' range online at Country & Co and choose your favourite. Leave a comment here on the blog indicating your choice by 12noon (EDST) on Friday 15 March, the most convincing answer will win. Full terms and conditions are listed below.
Hand painted watercolour artworks by Meese Oh, Byron Bay. To see the full range of artwork by Meese Oh, click here.
How to Enter
1. View the range of 'Meese Oh' artworks on Country & Co, and post a comment on our blog indicating why you would like to win. The competition runs between Thursday 07 March and Friday 15 March 2013, closing at noon EDST. One entry per person.
2. The winner will be selected by Gallop Lifestyle.
3. Winners will be announced on Friday 15 March via our Facebook page and on the blog.
4. The winner will receive one 'Meese Oh' artwork of their choice, shipping is free.
Terms & conditions
1. To be eligible for the competition individuals must post a comment on the Gallop Lifestyle blog.
2. The competition takes place between Thursday 07 March and Friday 15 March 2013, closing at 12 noon EDST.
3. The competition is open only to Australian citizens.
4. Any personal details you provide will be used to administer the winner of the competition.
5. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Blogspot.
6. You are providing your information to Gallop Lifestyle and not to Facebook or Blogger. Any personal details you provide will be used to administer the winner of the competition.
7. The winner may be asked to confirm either their postal address and email address before prizes are dispatched.
8. The winner will be judged based on what the judge deems the best answer submitted.
9. Employees of Gallop Lifestyle are not permitted to enter.
10. The judge’s decision is final and prizes are non-refundable.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage following the dispatching of the prizes to the chosen winner.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to reasonably amend or vary these terms and conditions at its sole discretion, orally or in writing, at any time throughout the promotion.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next entrant whose entry meets the judging criteria or to re-offer the prize in any future promotion.
15. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
16. By entering into the competition, entrants will be deemed to have read and agreed to abide by these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to upload the winning entry onto its Facebook page.